Protect your engine from Cat Fines
Wednesday, 15th November 2017
Cat fines are hard, extremely abrasive particles of aluminium and silicon oxides.
· Claims against insurers for damage to ship engine parts due to Cat fines are on the up
· Fine abrasive particles size range 5 to 35 micron
· Porous so have the same specific gravity as the oil
· Assured final removal needs barrier filtration
· Bollfilter 5 micron special mesh is that barrier
· Proven independent high energy backflush effect
· Practical solutions from the filtration experts
Cat fines are hard, extremely abrasive particles of aluminium and silicon oxides, a by-product of the cracking processes used in fuel distillation. Low-sulphur fuels often contain higher levels of catalyst fines ("cat fines"), the scouring action of which can cause extremely rapid wear on an engine's moving parts with potentially catastrophic consequences. Claims against insurers derived from cat fines are on the up. See the most up to date BOLLFILTER CIMAC presentation.
CIMAC is a worldwide organisation with a wealth of experience in all aspects of the large internal combustion engine industry. CIMAC covers diesel / gas engines and gas turbines which are used for, marine propulsion. Worldwide members include engine manufacturers, engine users such as shipowners, component suppliers, fuel and lubricant companies, research organisations, classification societies, universities and other interested bodies.
For full product details see: BOLLFILTER Type 6.72 web page.
BOLLFILTER UK have been the UK and Ireland exclusive sales office, stockist and distributor for BOLL & KIRCH filtration products for over 2 decades and hold stocks of marine and industrial spare parts at their UK premises for immediate dispatch.
For more information and supply of spare parts please contact the BOLLFILTER UK Filters team. Contact details below;
BOLLFILTER UK Limited
Tel: +44 (0)1621 862180