Tuesday, 10th October 2017
Cat fines are hard, extremely abrasive particles of aluminium and silicon oxides.
· Claims against insurers for damage to ship engine parts due to Cat fines are on the up
· Fine abrasive particles size range 5 to 35 micron
· Porous so have the same specific gravity as the oil
· Assured final removal needs barrier filtration
· Bollfilter 5 micron special mesh is that barrier
· Proven independent high energy backflush effect
· Practical solutions from the filtration experts
Cat fines are hard, extremely abrasive particles of aluminium and silicon oxides, a by-product of the cracking processes used in fuel distillation. Low-sulphur fuels often contain higher levels of catalyst fines ("cat fines"), the scouring action of which can cause extremely rapid wear on an engine's moving parts with potentially catastrophic consequences. Claims against insurers derived from cat fines are on the up. See the recent BOLLFILTER presentation.
For full details see: BOLLFILTER Types 6.21 & 6.22 web page.
BOLLFILTER UK are the sole UK and Ireland sales office for BOLL & KIRCH filtration products. We've been established for 2 decades and hold stocks of marine and industrial spare parts at our UK premises for immediate dispatch.
For more information, technical details or a quote please contact the BOLLFILTER UK Filters team. Contact details below;
BOLLFILTER UK Limited
Tel: +44 (0)1621 862180