International Naval Engineering Conference and Exhibition
Starting on Monday, 5th October 2020 until Friday, 9th October 2020
INEC 2020 - Disruptive Technologies
The International Naval Engineering Conference and Exhibition is the foremost professional event in the naval engineer's calendar and in 2020 seeks to build on previous successes and expand its international credentials.
In light of the ongoing uncertainty surrounding organised events and international travel in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the IMarEST and the INEC/iSCSS Technical Advisory Committee have taken the decision to continue with the INEC / iSCSS 2020 conference in a virtual online format.
The virtual INEC / ISCSS 2020 conference will take place between 5 – 9 October and consist of a series of mixed-format livestreamed sessions (panel discussions, presentations) led by authors and leading figures from the naval engineering and ship control systems communities, and will be facilitated by the use of an event app which will provide participants with the opportunity to access all content, including the full conference proceedings and exhibitor information, as well as network with other virtual delegates.
Although the change to a virtual format was made primarily in response to COVID-19 pandemic, it has opened up new opportunities for greater reach and engagement. This online format will allow a greater number international delegates, who would be unable to travel to the conference and attend in person, to fully take part in proceedings and bring an even greater global voice to the event.
INEC 2020 at a glance:
- Over 100 peer-reviewed technical papers
- International attendance from over 20 countries
- Sir Donald Gosling Award
- Continuing Professional Development approved by IMarEST
- All technical papers published Open Access and assigned a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) reference
- Continued crossover with the International Ship Control Systems Symposium (iSCSS)
- A new event app where delegates can access the programme content, virtually network with other delegates, and interact with sponsors and exhibitors